Monday, August 27, 2012

Young Goodman Brown:

1:  I have no idea what Hawthorne meant when he wrote this book.
2:  Faith fits her personality because she wasn't a real witch and she was full of faith.  Brown does have faith in his wife
3:  The pink ribbons signify were she might have been.  When Brown saw the ribbons on the tree he knew she was close by.
4:  I feel like Brown was just dreaming, and dozed off in the forest on his long journey.  I feel this way because when he went back into town everybody was acting normal.
5:  I think the old man is just a figment of his imagination.  Brown was really tired and was dreaming this all up.
6:  The staff represents evil in my opinion.
7:  If Brown wouldn't have went into the forest he wouldn't of gone mad.  Everything was alright and he let the gossip and lies get to his head, therefore he had this terrible dream.  This is how I interpreted the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment