Monday, August 20, 2012

"Reflections on Week 1"

1)
My main concers about this class would be that most of it deals with online things.  That being said, it would be a bit of a problem for me because when I get in trouble my computer is the first to go. Another factor that would be a problem for me is when basketball season starts up I really strain myself with trying to keep up with all my assignments during the season.  I rarely have the time to do homework for all my classes because of my late night practices or games.  Other than that, those would be the two main issues that I would have.

2)
One of learning experiences I will never forget is during my sophomore year my English teacher, Ms. Byrne, took a select group of students to a special speaker down in LA.  His name was Calvin.  I will never forget this man because with just the few hours we spent together that day, he changed the way I view other people forever.  He is a famous speaker who talks about how naturally it is for us to judge someone without even getting to know them first, like its somewhat of a bad habit that was embedded to our way of thinking.  He taught me a new way of thinking and to be more open to the fact that just because a person looks the way they do, you don't always have to judge them.  There is this saying, "don't judge a book by its cover", it is probably one of the most accurate sayings that a lot of people should become more familiar with.

3)
The concern I have the most about this class is the oral reports we have to do in class.  I absolutely dread the fact that we have to talk in front of the other students. Even though it may not seem like a big deal, I get super stressed out nervous.  The funny thing about it is that once I'm done with a speech I feel completely fine.  I'll be totally comfortable going up with another student but if it's just me left to talk to the class all alone, it's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment