Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Vocabulary Fall List #4

1)Melancholy: long lasting sadness
2)Exemplary:  model
3)Peculiar:  strange
4)Dread:  fear
5)Bough:  branch
6)Pious:  religious
7)Communion: community
8)Auditor: inspector
9)Multitude:  large number
10)Eloquence:  persuasive speaking, writing
11)Despair:  hopelessness
12)Hoary: grey

1) After the funeral, there was an abundance of melancholy.
2) My science fair project was used as an exemplary for all the classes.
3) There is a very peculiar man that sits across the street from my house.
4) I dread taking teachers tests.
5) A bough is taking up the whole sidewalk due to a storm last night.
6) A pious woman gives advice in church every Sunday.
7) The whole communion got together to search for the missing girl.
8) My mother made an appointment to see her auditor this week.
9) A multitude of bees swarmed the school playground.
10) Many kids use eloquence when trying to get out of trouble.
11) There's deep despair trying to find all the survivors from the crash.
12) My mothers hair is getting hoary due to all the trouble I've gotten into the past month.


No comments:

Post a Comment