Sunday, September 30, 2012

Homework: Sept. 28: Romanticism

2) My walk:
    I took a walk around my neighborhood and one of the first things I noticed were how the leaves were beginning to change.  We don't see much of the deep oranges, reds, or yellows here on our trees because of the evergreens and that's something I would definitely want to see more around the fall.  Being outside and paying attention to all the small things I normally wouldn't interest me. Seeing the little kids play in their front yard laughing and running around made me feel blessed at how nice of a place we live in.  Not to crazy and not to quite.  After researching Romanticism it makes sense looking around at everything now and how new authors wanted to bring more life into their literature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanticism
-Artistic, literary, and intellectual movement that originated in Europe toward the end of the 18th century and in most areas was at its peak in the period from 1800 to 1840.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080417110906AA6fv9E 
-Romanticism concentrated on emotion, nature, and the expression of "nothing"  The Romantic area focused on the commonality of humankind. 

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/romanticism-in-literature.html
-Romanticism contradicted beliefs that formed the very foundation of these periods.  Romantic movement focused on human life, relationships, and emotions. 

Conclusion:
Romanticism is from the 18th century and is mainly about emotions, nature, and most of all about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment