Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Poem: THEME FOR ENGLISH B By:Langston Hughes

This poem by Langston Hughes took me about a full day to memorize.  When first looking at this I thought to myself I would never be able to memorize this because it didn't even make any sense reading it the first time around.  Memorizing each line, the story soon became more and more familiar to me.  As I read it over and over in my head it felt like it was me telling the story to my instructor.  Going over this countless times the story became embedded in my mind and I could say it faster and faster each time I said it out loud.  After overcoming this obstacle, I realized that the poem wasn't so bad after all.

1 comment:

  1. A trick I do for memorization is to take a chunk of 3-5 lines of a poem or speech and memorize that and add it to the chunk of speech I already know and repeat the process. It seemed to allow me to memorize a lot of stuff in a relatively short amount of time. I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing more from you.

    ReplyDelete